Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Multiple lung metastasis from SDC
Pepper
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:14 AM

Hi, I've resently strarted Chemotherapy, Taxotere - Carboplatin - Herceptin 3-weekly regiment for metastasic salivary duct carcinoma to the lungs. Local tumor to left parotid was treated with success, surgery, neck dissection and radiotherapy with no local recurence, in april 2011. My FDG PT-CT scan was negative for metastasis to other sites. I have 8 tumors in lungs ranging from 1cm to 4cmsx3cms (largest), no lymph node involment. 4 of them, including largest one, are in two superior lobes, 4 are spread in remaining lobes. I am a 46 years old male in excellent physical condition. In an aggressive approach to fight this condition, would Cyberknife be a viable option in trying to have a curative or longer disease free survival? Can we treat every lung lobes with the system? Thanking you in advance for your response,
SDC Pepper
Pepper
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:51 AM

First follow-up appointement with my onc ... even if only on a x-ray, my doc. talked about an almost miraculous response ... about 50% shrinkage of all tumors after 3 weeks, some even disappeared from visual. We've talked about the possibility of Cyberknife being an option, if ever a couple were still visible after treatment ... he said, let's wait and see with this type of response everything's possible ... any toughts on treating remaining lesions while controlling the disease with life long herceptin? Should a combinaison of cyberknife and radiotherapy on remaining tumors necrosis tissue area be the best follow-up treatment for a prolonged DFS or possibly a cure? Your input would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

SDC Pepper
Daniel Webster
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:04 PM

I have recently been diagnosed with múltiple Nodules in my lungs Most Left side, is Cyberknife a good option for this Need help in Vegas Dan Webster Daniel@signalfireinc.com

Daniel Webster
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2014 9:46 AM

Would need to know more about number, size, locations. I would suggest letting the nearest center take a look at the scans

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...