Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Ovarian cancer
CunninghamC
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:50 PM

I have recurrent ovarian cancer which appears to be localized but the tumor is quite large 9cm. Can CyberKnife be used to treat the tumor? The current treatment proposed is chemo followed by surgery. I am located in BC so would have to travel to Ontario for treatment which would not be a problem. Thank you.
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2013 5:02 AM

I think chemo first is a good idea, then see what remains and how best to treat it - either surgery or CK

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Ilona
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:08 PM

My mother has an ovarian tumor that is not possible to perform surgery on. She has had chemotherapy several times and it is getting too difficult and painful for her to have more. Please let me know if the cyberknife can be used on her as she is rapidly running out of options. The tumor is pressing on her bladder and surrounding organs. We are located in Calgary AB. Cyberknife sounds like the perfect solution Please let me know. Thank you very much.
radsrus
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 1:25 AM

Although there are exceptions, usually ovarian cancer is not best treated with a highly localized form of treatment like CI, because ovarian cancer is rarely localized

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...