Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
chest wall pain treatment?
zvi
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:27 AM

Well, our doc got your advice and went for irradition the tumor with higher doses (from 50 in 5fr to 60 in 3fr) My husband just got his first treatment yesterday and already started the side effects. He is been taking steroids for a while now so he doesnt have problem breathing like before and less fetigue, but there is nuesia, a kind of "goo" feeling in the body like after reciving chemo and chest wall pain (a bit in the front and a lot in the back). I guess its natural since the tumor stuck to the back (should have removed 3 ribs if we had gone for the operation choise) but is there something that can be done about that? I think he is suffering more this time due to the fact that the steroids caused him to gain wheight. Also its not so bad - he realy wants to keep his life active as possible and not resting so much and taking peels all the time and another thing: Is it safe to take celcoxib (angioganic treatment) while sbrt? it seems this treatment prevented other metastsis so far, and we prefer not to stop unless its risky. couldnt find information about that anywhere. are there medicines that shouldnt be taken while sbrt? (beside chemo) again thank you very much for your answers so far. It helped us a lot
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:19 AM

THere is not a lot of information about chemo and SBRT so can't tell you much. Same with anti-angiogenic agents It is very unusual to get pain during the treatment, but not unheard of. I think there is an inflammatory component, and this often responds to NSAID's such as Alleve or ibuprofen. Have to ask your doctor before taking those though

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

zvi
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:12 AM

thank you so much, ibuprofen does seem to work better then other pain killers and the back pain subsided. Does sbrt patient should avoid contact with pregnant woman? by "contact" I mean touch, sleep in the same room etc. and if so for how long?
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:18 AM

Patients receiving any kind of external radiation treatment are not ever radioactive and no special precautions are needed

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...