Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
TN caused by neuroma- is CK the best option?
JCM76
Posted: Monday, October 07, 2013 11:53 PM

Hello all, a brain MRI has shown a neuroma on my trigeminal nerve, so is thought to be the cause of my relatively new TN. Its 8 by 6 by 3 mm on left NV1 and NV2 branch, parasellar region. I'd appreciate any thoughts on whether CK or gamma are better, and why, for this.......currently in the process of getting second opinions and seeing where to get treated etc, too. (Brit living in Malaysia but with very basic health insurance, oops) Many thanks, Jen
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 2:38 AM

Either one will control the tumor. In most cases, the TN is also controlled, or can be treated separately later if it does not go away

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

JCM76
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:19 PM

Many thanks radsrus (rads r us, right? lol) I'll update on here with any useful info post treatment, tho it may take several months.

Jump to different Forum...