Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Multiple Tumors in Different Locations
pwmarbill
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 2:28 PM

My 81 year old father has been healthy all his life until last week when he suddenly couldn't walk. After admittance to ER, they discovered two tumors- one in lung and one on spine. Drs believe the one on spine is hitting a nerve preventing him from walking and causing numbness in feet/neuropathy. They haven't done biopsy (doctors assume cancer) yet but tomorrow he has CK on the one on spine in hopes of treating it and allowing him to walk again- by far his #1 primary short term goal. We have been overwhelmed with the news and have put the lung tumor on the back burner, focusing on the spine issue. However, after reading about CK, what's preventing us from doing both? This seems too good to be true with how non-invasive it is. Once we find out more about the tumors, why not treat those as well? I just watched a strong friend die after a 3 year chemo filled battle with anal cancer and my father can't go through all those treatments. What's the downside from using CK on several different tumors? He also has a pacemaker causing scans to be difficult. Thank you
kmurphy
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 2:04 AM

You can do both, but it takes longer to set up the lung

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101