Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Cyberknife to lung nodule
waldrep
Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 11:23 AM

I have multiple millimeter size nodules in both lungs. They all have been stable or shrunk over the past year and a half while on chemotherapy except for one 8 mm nodule which over the last three months has grown to 10 mm. My question is this: If the nodule that is now 10 mm continues to grow and all other nodules remain stable or continue to shrink, would it be a good idea to have cyberknife done on the one nodule that continues to grow? I fully understand that this action would not be curative, but it seems to me that it could help prolongs my life.
Waldrep
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 1:16 PM

It could be treated. The timing is a judgment call, but I would probably let it get a little bigger to be sure it is going to continue to grow. 8 mm going to 10 mm may not be real growth, just measurement error.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

waldrep
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 1:53 PM

Thank you very much Dr. Medbery.

Waldrep
pruss
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:01 AM

In sept./2013 I was diagnosed with lung cancer. this cancer is formed around my aorta. non opperable. can Cyber knife help ?

lung cancer
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:14 AM

We would need a lot more information to say for sure, but it is possible. I would seethe nearest CK center and get their opinion

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...