Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Acoustic Neuroma visit to Stanford
CDUB
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:32 AM

Hello, I was diagnosed January 2014 with a 8 X 3 X 3 AN. After talking/evaluation of top rated Microsurgeons at house, Heck, IU and radiation doctors at Michigan Ear, Indiana University, Pittsburg and Stanford. I have decided to go to Stanford for Cyberknife. I liked all the Doctors, and it was very apparant that they all recommend the treatment that they do (or are good at). Microsurgeons put the fear of cancer (if you were to do radiation) and radiation people say you could die (1 in 500 or so) if you have Microsurgery. So many variables to go through. I made my decision on what I though would be the best quality of Life results to save my hearing. Because it is hard to determine why people make the decision from here and the ANA forum (and it is a personal decision) I thought I would share why I made mine. I struggled for 5 months and said I have had enough researh, doctors and stress. I believe in Dr Chang at Standford (which is important) and I believe the best odds for hearing preservation for me are cyberknife and I wanted the best which I felt were at Standford. I also am fortunate enough to have insurance coverage and the ability to fly from michigan to california. For all of the AN family - thank you for your support and information. Without you I could not have reached this milestone decision. Thank you and may the force be with you.
9 X 4 MM discovered January 14

Jump to different Forum...