Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
[Pancreatic adenorcarcinom locally advanced?]
the_dreamer
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2014 6:20 AM

Hello, all. I am writing to you from Romania, BUcharest, on behalf of my mother. My mother, age 55, has been diagnosed with pancreatic adenocarcinoma , tumor in the head of the pancreas, uneven, at about 3.6 cm in diameter. After CT and ecoendoscopy, the tumor appears to be an adenocarcinom, but we do not have results of the biopsy yet. Also, it has surrounded/invaded the mezentaric arthery, and not the duodenum, but the artherwy still has blood flow, thus is is not yet choked by the tumor. The surgeon indicated that before a DPC or WHipple, a stent needs to be placed via an ERCP and then chemoterapy and radiotherapy needs to be started in order to stop the growth and reduce the size of the tumor to consider it operable..resectable. What is more, the stent needs to be placed now, as my mother is presently suffering from biliary obstruction, with jaundice [mechanical] present [10 days now].The bilirubin is too high , 7.8 in order for chemo to be started . My questions are varied, but is CK an option to combine with chemo? After stent placing. Is Ciberknife an option to take into consideration for tumor reducing? Please advice, Thank you in advance, Adriana Mormocea
the_dreamer
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2014 6:21 AM

Bilirubin is 7.8
HannahForever
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2017 2:00 AM

Hi Adriana, Sorry to hear of your mother and thanks for writing. To comment on your question more details are needed. In the lung chemo and CK achieved success over the past. Hope she will be better

Jump to different Forum...