Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Large Liver Cyst
Tony Garshnick
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 9:30 AM

My wife in Jan of 2014 was rushed to the hospital with upper abdominal pain and after a battery of tests they found a Tumor/Cyst in her liver the size of a Coke Can. The doctors went in after much debate to biopsy the abnormal growth to confirm that it was not cancer but a Large Cyst. -They drained it and that told her that she needed to get checked every now and again to check the size of it. This past week September 20th she was having more severe pain so she had another CT scan only to find out that the Cyst had doubled in size. The previous surgeon said if the cyst was to cause pain that the only treatment was to cut her open and remove it but that was a very dangerous surgery that had a small chance of survival. -With all that said. Is there any other type of alternative methods to shrink, treat or take care of this Cyst that is causing her so much pain? -I really do not want to accept the last doctor’s diagnosis and lose my wife to a fatty tumor inside her liver. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Tony Garshnick
radsrus
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2014 7:36 AM

I am not a surgeon so I can't comment on the surgery aspects of her case, but this is not something that would be treatable with CyberKnife

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...