Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Just Diagonised - Surgery or radiation
CTGal
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 1:05 PM

Hello , My husband has been just diagnosed with menengioma (with differential diagnosis of acoustic neuroma) in the IAC of the left ear. The size of the tumor is 2.2cmx2.4cmx2.1cm and the MRI report said 'mild mass effect' on the brain stem. Any suggestions on radiation vs surgery ? we have seen one ENT and he suggested surgery. My husband has good hearing (not perfect) in the affected ear. What is the difference in treating ANs vs Menengiomas in radiation. I read somewhere that Menengiomas are formed sometime due to excessive exposure to radiation . In such a case, will they be treated with radiation. My husband is 35 years old. Thanks everyone in advance. I would be more than willing to share the MRI cds / reports etc if any of the doctors are interested. Thanks in advance.
Dear Hubby Just diagonised with AN/Menengioma 2.4cm

Jump to different Forum...