Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Ampullary Cancer
Rsfrancis
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 7:35 AM

My mom was diagnosed with ampullary cancer in July and was at stage one and was a surgical candidate but by January the cancer has spread to the lining of her stomach and her intestines and she's now stage4. She didn't have the surgery because the surgeon said he wanted her pancreatitis to go away. She received 4 rounds of chemo and 5 rounds of radiation. They're telling us there's nothing they can do for her. I was wondering if cyber knife would be an appropriate Choice.
Rsf
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 6:33 AM

I don't think so. It does not sound like there is a localized problem for which the CK would be appropriate

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...