Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Cyberknife after Standard IGRT Radiotherapy for Gliobastoma
parvez
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2015 9:52 PM

Hello.. My mother aged 62 recently underwent surgery for Gliobastoma, wherein 80% of the tumor was removed. She later on underwent standard IGRT Radiotherapy of 30 days and completed her 45 days of Temozolomide. After completion the MRI showed residual tumor of about 8-10%. I wish to know would cyberknife be recommended as second line of treatment? if yes when is the earliest she can undergo cyberknife?
Thank you so much.
Regards
Parvez

radsrus
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 3:20 AM

Radiosurgery is only useful for clear-cut recurrences that are limited in size. There is no indication for treatment as part of initial therapy

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2016 2:46 AM

The above statement is obviously written by a misinformed layman. To all on these forums: When you see these postings that have a link to Cancer Support etc, you are being trolled. A series of cancer centers in Nevada is trying to obtain patients with posts that appear to be real but are just an excuse to put in a link to their site. My guess is that if they are that hard up for patients, their quality must be poor, although I have no real way of knowing. Certainly, good centers don't engage in this sort of activity.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...