Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Vaginal Cancer in lymph node
Lisa B
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 12:26 AM

I was diagnosed with Stage IV Vaginal Cancer in 2013. I had surgery to remove the cancer in the vagina along with some of the surrounding lymph nodes.  After a PET scan, the doctors, labeled me Stage IV because of a node in my neck showing positive for cancer. I have not received chemo or radiation. I have been doing photodynamic light therapy treatment in China for the last two years. I only have one lymph node, left common iliac artery measuring 1.8 cm and SUV uptake of 9.7.  No other cancer is in my body.
I was wondering if CK treatment would be an option for the one remaining lymph node?

radsrus
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2015 8:55 AM

It might be a very good use for Ck in your case.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...