Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Bladder Cancer - Tumor
LK96816
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:27 AM

I am not sure I made my initial post correctly, so I am re-posting my questions: My-in-law, 83, has been diagnosed with Stage 2 urothelial carcinoma which presents itself as a tumor that invades into the muscularis propria. I am researching options besides chemo, radiotherapy, and surgery to remove the bladder. I am hoping that Cyberknife might be a possibility. Is Cyberknife a potential option? Are there clear benefits over surgery?
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2015 3:07 AM

That would not be a good target for CK in all likelihood. When you treat the wall of a hollow organ like the bladder you can get enough scarring that you render the organ useless.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
M. Esfandiari
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:44 PM

Hi My daughter is 2 year old and has a tumor in trigon part of her bladder with size of 34×16 mm. Because of the place of the tumor her doctor said that we can not do any surgery. Is cyberknife usefull for her or not?
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 4:51 AM

Very unlikely. But you should get her to a good pediatric oncologist. pediatric tumors are quite different from adult tumors. I don't know what kind of cancer she has if it is cancer at all. Much more information would be needed to give any advice. But the most important thing is to get her to a place that has good pediatric oncologists if the tumor is malignant

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
M. Esfandiari
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:02 PM

Hi Mr. Medbery Thanks for your reply. Her cancer type is embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma and after getting chemotherapy for 10 month her tumor became fibrosis and her treatment by chemotherapy was stopped. Now after 6 month her dr. saw a new tumor beside her old tumor. The pathology report for this new tumor is rhabdomyosarcoma. With these information and the place of the tumor and its size which I posted before is cyberknife useful for her? Thanks with regards

Jump to different Forum...