Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
QUESTIONS
Joann
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 5:59 AM

I am 7 yrs post op for an acoustic neuroma.  The little bugger has grown again and I will be having CK next month.  My mask has been made and MRI scheduled for tomorrow.   I have a few questions
1.  what is the average length of time in the machine?
2.  What should I wear for treatment?
3. Can I drive myself afterwards
4.  How long did one take off of work after treatment?
5. What pre and post treatment advice do you have?

I know all about the CK machine.  I did my research 7 yrs ago, but at that time, CK was not available in Ontario Canada.  

radsrus
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 12:41 PM

1. Depends on the plan and the machine. Probably an hour or so. Ask the treating team 2. Something loose and comfortable - no gold lamé 3. Usually. As long as you do not receive any sedation, which you should not need 4. We have had patients go back to work the next day 5. Stay in touch with the treating team.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...