Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Risks of a stroke after CK for recurring tumor inside skull near eye socket
squid1
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:23 PM

A friend of a friend asked me about this. His doctor told him that if he undergoes CK, he has a risk of a stroke. I've looked around the Internet and do not see much of anything that indicates that stroke is a relevant risk, but need some expert advice. How concerned should he be?

oneway
radsrus
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:50 PM

CK does not cause strokes except in some extremely special circumstances with VERY high dose treatment in certain areas that are more sensitive, and that is not this case

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
squid1
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:58 PM

Many thanks doctor, I hope this will somewhat allay his concerns

oneway
Uwaliya
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 7:27 AM

My 23 year old sister suffers from Hydrocephalus . In the span of 6 years she has had 3 different shunts installed and reworked . She is not getting any better and daily she lives in severe pain and medication. The tumor is growing but still relatively small. Doctors in India had suggested Cyber knife to reduce the tumor. The location of the tumor is close to her eyes. Which makes us even more concerned as several doctors rejected the idea of operating the tumor and removing it. Instead they suggested another shunt. I will really appreciate if you can shed some light on the side effects of using CyberKnife on hydrocephalus patients to reduce tumors. Is it safe giving the location of the tumor. We live in Nigeria Abuja All 3 unsuccessful operations were done in Dubai Thank you and God bless Regards Uwaliya
Uwaliya
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 7:27 AM

My 23 year old sister suffers from Hydrocephalus . In the span of 6 years she has had 3 different shunts installed and reworked . She is not getting any better and daily she lives in severe pain and medication. The tumor is growing but still relatively small. Doctors in India had suggested Cyber knife to reduce the tumor. The location of the tumor is close to her eyes. Which makes us even more concerned as several doctors rejected the idea of operating the tumor and removing it. Instead they suggested another shunt. I will really appreciate if you can shed some light on the side effects of using CyberKnife on hydrocephalus patients to reduce tumors. Is it safe giving the location of the tumor. We live in Nigeria Abuja All 3 unsuccessful operations were done in Dubai Thank you and God bless Regards Uwaliya
radsrus
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 2:36 PM

It would require a lot more information to answer your question. I think you should have a very frank discussion with the CK doctors about the risks and benefits.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...