Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
cavernous sinus
Mervin
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:28 AM

Hello! I have recently done an MRI and it came back stating that I have cavernous sinus bilaterally. I am not sure but I don't think it is related to hearing though because it is related the the third cranial nerve but can this also affect the artery condition? Can it cause hearing loss?
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:18 AM

Virtually everyone has cavernous sinuses on both sides. I am having trouble understanding what you are asking. Maybe you could give us some more information as to what concerns you and paste the entire MRI report into your response

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Mervin
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 2:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. The MRI states that I have cysts in the cavernous sinus bilaterraly... What is a cyst?
radsrus
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2018 8:37 AM

A fluid-filled space. There are several types of cysts that can be found in that location. You should be seeing a good neurosurgeon, although no treatment may be needed depending on details. This is not likely to be something treatable with CyberKnife.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Mervin
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:57 PM

This is interesting because you said to consult a neurosurgeon but isn't this an ENT area?

Jump to different Forum...